New Files in iTunes music folder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ayeplussjr, Jan 17, 2009.

1. ayeplussjr macrumors regular

Hey guys....I'm trying to bring all my music files from my Windows computer so I copied all my music files from my Windows computer to my external hard drive, and then copied from the external hard drive to my iTunes music folder in my new iMac. When I compared the info between my iTunes music folder, and the music files on my external hard drive, the iTunes music folder had more files. By looking through the files it looks like two extra files were added to each album folder....a "folder.jpg" file and a "AlbumArtSmall.jpg" file was created. I know that these are only pic files, but I didn't have those files when all my music files were on my Windows machine, how come they show up now? Are those two files necessary? Can I just delete those?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's possible they were on your Windows system as hidden files. Those files are common to Windows.

3. ayeplussjr thread starter macrumors regular

Since the are only .jpg files, can I delete them? Will it effect the album cover art?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

5. geoffshep macrumors member

Yes, they are the windows album art files and are normally hidden on windows OS. Just make sure you have all the album art you want before you delete them, you can use the folder file for album artwork if itunes can't find any artwork online.