New Final Cut Pro - any news?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by whybelieve.com, Dec 18, 2013.

1. whybelieve.com macrumors member

Hi I have been waiting to purchase the latest final cut pro which apple has been advertising for months now...

"The new Mac Pro is coming later this year. And so is a new version of Final Cut Pro X." http://www.apple.com/uk/finalcutpro/

The new Mac Pro is out - does anyone have a news about the new final cut pro?

2. coldsweat macrumors 6502

coldsweat

A new version of Compressor has just popped up on my updates with a new interface, so I would assume that the new FCPX is immanent (maybe even just hours away!)

Motion too has just popped up as I type this, so the new FCPX should be here in 3...2...1...

----------

FCPX 10.1 is officially out & whats even better - it's a free update!!

3. WolfSnap macrumors 6502a

The upgrade from 10.0 to 10.1 (for FCPX and both Compressor and Motion) are FREE!

Compressor finally even looks like it was made in this century!

Anyways, go update them now, OR, grab there here:

Final Cut Pro X 10.1
    Motion 5.1
    Compressor 4.1

4. N19h7m4r3 macrumors 65816

N19h7m4r3

I upgraded this morning. It was extremely slow afterwards on the machine in my signature. It was crawling!

I ended up cleaning out my preferences and it's better now, although moving images, and videos around on others is painstakingly slow. Picture in picture is a nightmare for me. Everytime I try and move something I get the old beach ball.

Plus it stutters. I can only assume it's because my GTX660 is pathetic at OpenCL work, and it's struggling with the new 10.1 update and it's reliance of it for acceleration, and more so rendering than it use to be.

Guess it's time to save up for a new Mac Pro.