New Final Cut Pro X User! Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by PhillyAnt, Dec 22, 2013.

1. PhillyAnt macrumors regular

PhillyAnt

Hi folks! I am not a pro video guy at all and I have wanted to give Final Cut Pro X a try for a while now but stayed away because of all the mixed reviews. I mess around on iMovie as a hobby and wanted to see what it would be like to take it to the next level. With the recent updates done to FCPX, I decided to consider it again, but for a person who isn't using it professionally, the $300 price tag was a little steep just to play around a little. Luckily I got an email from paypal letting me know of a special on iTunes gift cards. They were offering 20% off of them and are still doing it until Christmas I believe. I went to Best Buy to see if they would match that offer so that I could purchase it through them and also gain reward points and use my $10 reward zone certificate. They said they would. Woot! What made the deal even better was I saw that I could get another $20 off just by opening up a Best Buy charge card. I have no problem doing that as I pay my balances off every month and rarely pay any interest. I also get more points when I use that card for a purchase. Long story short, I got three $100 iTunes gift cards for a total of $210 which means I will be downloading FCPX for $90 cheaper. Win! Unfortunately, since I had the brand new Best Buy charge card I also ended up buying a PS4 too but thats a whole other story... lol

Anyway, I was hoping that some of you could share some resources that would be important for a noobie to know. I am going to do my research but figured I would ask around here so I don't miss anything. I appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions with me.

Thanks!

2. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I think you'll find the transition from iMovie to FCP X very smooth and find that you'll swing into the advanced features of FCP X gracefully and quickly...at least thats how it went for me. $210 is a total deal though! I love Best Buy, I purchase allot with them and save allot with them and it works great. Anyways hope you enjoy FCP X! I love it and its made life easier, nothing is more frustrating than getting tangled up in software. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask...thats what we are here for!

3. PhillyAnt thread starter macrumors regular

PhillyAnt

Thanks you! And yes, I love Best Buy too! Especially with how they price match everything now. With the Amazon app on my iPhone while shopping in Best Buy I will usually have the cheapest price available. Oh technology, how I love you and hate you at the same time lol

4. daybreak macrumors 6502a

Stop talking and go for the software. You like it. Specially the new FCP 10.1;)