New Firefox Beta & its support of 3-finger (swipe) gestures

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kevster89, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Kevster89 macrumors regular

Kevster89

For those of you currently running the FireFox beta that supports that whole variety of different Trackpad gestures, including the 3 finger swipe gestures, I have a quick question.

Do any of you know for certain whether these 3 finger swipe motions are supported solely on the unibody (late 2008) macbooks and macbook pros?

I have an early 2008 MacBook Pro and will probably only download this beta if 3 finger gestures in it are supported on this, if not others as well, earlier MacBook Pro.

For some reason I'm thinking that this is only for the unibodies, since Apple marketed the new trackpad and the 3 finger swipe capabilities non-stop since October 9, but I am not for certain.

Anyone know for certain or anyone running this beta on a Macbook Pro, or MacBook for that matter, that is pre-Late 2008?

Thanks

Kevin

2. tecknical macrumors regular

i have an early 08 MBP and using 3.2 nightly build and i can confirm that 3 finger swipes work.

3. Kevster89 thread starter macrumors regular

Kevster89

Do you mean the 3.1 beta 2? Sorry to ask, I am just trying to find it online now that you confirmed it. Thank you for doing so