New Firefox update - lots of problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by knew2mack, Apr 3, 2011.

1. knew2mack macrumors regular

knew2mack

could someone please advise me regarding my trackpad hardly working on the new Firefox?? I have gone to system preferences and for the options of scrolling, there's no box to check it.....

HELP!!!

Since I have installed the newest update to Firefox, it's been doing all kinds of strange things, aside from the trackpad. It freezes up, page loading is practically as slow as dial up used to be and I'm wondering if anyone else has had any issues w new Firefox??

Also, when I open Safari, the trackpad works just fine??????

http://www.facebook.com/pureblisscandles

2. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

Have you got the actual release of ff4 or are you still using the beta or release client? My first action would be to do a fresh install.

I don't really like ff on the mac, I much prefer safari but it's the opposite when using windows. I keep meaning to get chrome 10 on my imac as it's lightening fast - I know you didn't ask but hey ho :D

3. knew2mack thread starter macrumors regular

knew2mack

"to find out why some links dont work, click here"

clicking on that "here" link does nothing

4. jive turkey macrumors 6502

That is the joke. It is his signature! ;)

5. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

win!

6. knew2mack thread starter macrumors regular

knew2mack

ok you got me....

still having lots of problems with FF 4 and you mentioned if i may have the actual release or the beta or release client.....all of that is like speaking a foreign language to me....

Not sure how to find out what I have??

Now my question is - do you think I should uninstall FF4 and just go back to using FF3 or any other suggestions??

I like Safari better for some things as well, but my job requires us to use FF, unfortunately.

SO....with that said ---- WHAT'S NEXT????

please help as I'm supposed to start my online training and keep having issues with FF4. IF.....IF I do uninstall FF4, does the computer automatically know to go back to using FF3 or is there some process I need to go thru???

Now that we're on this topic....when we do updates for things, do the old versions of whatever it is, still take up space on your computer, or is there some way, that I don't know about, to actually go in and delete or uninstall the previous, older version??

lay(wo)man's terms please

thanks so much and it's Friday so I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!!
    peace
    dawn:eek:

7. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

Why do you have to use FF?

Try going back to FF3 if it's causing you issues, the older versions didn't use the GPU which may be the problem you're having.

Uninstall 4 first and then look for 3.6 on google, somewhere should still have it available.