New Firmware is Slow and messy

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by theironist08, Sep 13, 2008.

1. theironist08 macrumors regular

Updated to 2.0.2 using the pwnage tool, for curiosity really. Now for the last 2 weeks my phone has frozen more than ever, its slow and miserable. Any help appreciated.

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

2.0.2 was (IMO) a steaming pile of ****. Thankfully, Apple has finally released some decent firmware: 2.1 ... I suggest installing it. ;)

3. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

4. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I still get freezing when I go to the contacts application. But contacts within the phone application works fine.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I remember those days. That's why Apple released 2.1. How much longer you are waiting to upgrade depends on you. Your phones behavior wont change until you do.

6. theironist08 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm on 2.1 now and it seems better, my apps now work again and it seems zippier. Excuse my lack of knowledge on the issue... First few times i upgraded i used Ziphone, then the pwnage tool for last 2 upgrades, however this time i updated i used nothing, just upgraded through itunes and it was fine. Why was this so?

7. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

2.1.1 is Awesome!! What are you talking about?