New Firmware out this month?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Phil A., Oct 15, 2007.

1. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

This thread describes how to set a custom "carrier" logo for the iPod, and whilst looking at this I noticed that there are other carrier logos in the Springboard App, but not one for O2. Now, assuming this app is the same for the iPhone and iPod touch (and there are a lot of things common to both), there will have to be an update before the UK launch of the iPhone, or else the UK iPhones will have a different version (unlikely). So, the result of this is that I think there's a pretty good chance of an update to both the iPod touch and iPhone firmware in the next couple of weeks: I wonder what Apple will include to try and get everyone to lock their iPods back down and apply it?

2. baummer macrumors 6502a

I'm sure this will be in the form of a software update. It might even be a regionally specific update, or it might be corrected in the next version, say 1.1.2. Good question though, only time will tell.

3. surferfromuk macrumors 65816

i don't think even apple would risk the backlash of bricking the touch. Aside from that it breaks no contractual obligations like the sim/at&t issue does on the iPhone.I think they will just let it ride and maybe even make mail and google maps available as download options on iTunes

4. baummer macrumors 6502a

:confused:

Wrong thread for your reply maybe???