New firmware update jacked up my photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eldiablojoe, May 6, 2011.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

I installed the new firmware for my iDevices (two iPhone 4's, one iPad1, and one iPad2) a couple of days ago. Today I realized that my one iPhone4 was missing the "Events" bottom tab in the Photos app. Then I realized the iPad2 has the photo events that when opened, had a fraction of the photos in the event that should be in there.

The iPhoto on my MacBook is fine. The events are organized properly and are not duplicated.

When I plug the iDevices into iTunes via the USB-to-dock connector cable, the summary window pops up. Under the "Photos" tab, I can click through to sync over the last X events, include videos, etc. However, the "Events" scrollable sub-menu has duplicate events. It's got multiple events with the same title, but with different amounts of photos in them. Its like the firmware update might have scrambled my photos syncing window.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

2. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

The problem is with iPhoto 9.1.2, not your iOS devices. If you take a look at Apple's discussion forums, you'll find many people (including myself) who encountered this problem after updating iPhoto. Apple is aware of this bug and is supposedly working on a fix.

3. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Thank you, that is very helpful. I didn't realize iPhoto was having a problem as my iDevices' photos were fine until the new iDevice firmware install and sync this week.

I'll keep my eye out for the iPhoto update.

Thanks again!