New FLash 10 Pre-release Improved Playback

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tofublock, Nov 16, 2009.

1. tofublock macrumors newbie

Hey all, new poster here but I figured I would link this to all of you new Imac owners like myself, I have the 27" imac and this new plugin made my full
    screen flash playback go from randomly skipping and such to smooth playback without any skipping at all. Check it out, hope it helps.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

2. tjsdaname macrumors 6502

I installed it on my white macbook, and watching a HQ youtube video before use to use about 70% of my cpu.... not it uses about 25%

3. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Un-spankin-believable!!

The performance jump is ENORMOUS!! Finally I can watch Youtube without having to use my chill pad and plug it into the power!

I hope all future releases are just like this! This almost makes up for the years of carp these fools have been using to bog down our sleekmobiles....

4. 300D macrumors 65816

300D

Told you it was Adobe's fault and nothing related to Apple.

5. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

6. bmstrong macrumors 6502

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

This will slow any move away from Flash in favor of HTML5 that was happening. Good for Adobe and the end user in the short run.

8. mabaker macrumors 65816

mabaker

9. tarasis macrumors 6502a

tarasis

Also seeing improvements (sometimes dramatic) with this prerelease version of Flash. This is both in Safari and in Air based apps.

One Air app dropped from 100% to 30%, though it had a sorta cpu leak where through use it rose to 60-70%.

Tweetdeck with one Twitter account was at 10% which is a great improvement since I last used it.

Still going to keep using ClickToFlash though http://rentzsch.github.com/clicktoflash/ :)

10. tofublock thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool

Glad to see this is helping most of you. I have heard a lot of good response o this pre-release. It made me happy to see my new 27" imac actually display a flash video decently.

11. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

There is still no where near the performance you will get on a pc, and it's simply because Apple won't allow Adobe access to the parts of OSX to once and for all fix the flash issue on osx. So that to me sure sounds like Apples issue, not Adobe.

12. i7QuadCoreMania macrumors 6502

*hint* time to upgrade :p

13. robotkiller macrumors 6502

robotkiller

Nervous about installing this. Computer is working perfectly now with no lag. Don't want to screw that up....

14. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Watched a random MW2 video before the update, 30-35% CPU usage. After the update, same video, it uses 15-25. Nice.

15. tjsdaname macrumors 6502

I found a MAJOR bug in this update.

since I installed it, I cannot upload anything to: youtube, photobucket, myspace or any sight that has a flash based uploader

how can I revert back to the old version?????lol

16. tjsdaname macrumors 6502

NVM, I just tried it in firefox and it works fine.....

17. jmull macrumors regular

More Problems

It's slightly faster for me, but has weird problems on some videos. Sometimes the video will play for a few seconds, then skip to the end. This happens in Safari and Firefox. Someone needs to fix these Flash problems. It's never ending.

18. zmttoxics macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

Get used to it. Lots more of that to come in the future.

19. Cockroach macrumors 6502

This flash has been very good for video playback, but hasn't helped Yetisports.

20. Jiten macrumors 6502a

Jiten

Very odd update. Installed it in our family iMac, works very well on high res video on Youtube (reduced my cpu by 10% according to istat) but my nephew tells me that performance got worse when playing flash games in Facebooks like Restaurant City and Farmville.

21. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Not a big change here on an early 2007 MacBook. Safari's using 30% CPU; Flash Player Plugin is at 70% with the 1080p HD YouTube video. Bottom line: CPU temp spikes and fans still go to the max. :(

22. applelicious macrumors member

Hello guys - anybody else recently updated to this? Sometimes I get a bit chuppy videos on youtube. Other than that my imac handles HD video perefectly both from Apple.com as well other sites. Should I upgrade? is there a risk that it might make it worse?

Thanks

23. neonkru macrumors regular

pre release version, so, expect soon a better version of flash 10 :)

24. mindquest macrumors regular

fingers crossed this fixing some of the flickering issues! Imac I7 is on the way!