Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I like the redesign a lot. It's way more "grown up" than I would have expected from Yahoo, especially given how they trashed their home page.

With all that said and done, I would like to extend my thanks to the folks at Yahoo and the Flickr team in particular for outdating my photo posting tutorial to the max...

Please continue to post your learnings in this thread so I can catch up and rebuild the sucker.

Note to Google: Mess with Google Docs/Drive and know my wrath!

Dale

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
With all that said and done, I would like to extend my thanks to the folks at Yahoo and the Flickr team in particular for outdating my photo posting tutorial to the max...

For me the process is pretty much the same.

Pick a photo. Click the new share button and then BB code and size I want same as before.

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
The new flickr should be a case study on how NOT to do a website redesign.

They made one tyro mistake after another.

Putting the Help link at the bottom of the screen where you can't use it until all your photos that have been faved finish loading is the worst of the worst!

Nearly as bad is that if you comment on someone's photo, that comment and photo appear at the top of your homepage. Last night I criticized a guy for posting a photo of him flipping off the world. Next thing I knew, there he was flipping me off at the top of my page!

The new design looks like someone thought a desktop or laptop computer is the same thing as an iPod touch or Galaxy. Wrong.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
The new flickr should be a case study on how NOT to do a website redesign.

They made one tyro mistake after another.

Putting the Help link at the bottom of the screen where you can't use it until all your photos that have been faved finish loading is the worst of the worst!

Nearly as bad is that if you comment on someone's photo, that comment and photo appear at the top of your homepage. Last night I criticized a guy for posting a photo of him flipping off the world. Next thing I knew, there he was flipping me off at the top of my page!

The new design looks like someone thought a desktop or laptop computer is the same thing as an iPod touch or Galaxy. Wrong.

I guess its all about opinions. I love it.

AT06

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2012
Winwick, UK
The more I play around with it, the more I get confused. Don't get me wrong, I like the change, but it just seems half done - like instead of making a new cake, they just slapped a bit of icing and decoration on the old one.

You go into some pages like the forums and FAQ, and they are almost exactly the same as the old ones. I would have preferred them to take longer and make the new design site wide.

AxisOfBeagles

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
Top of the South
I'm noticing more glitches today - I've managed to encounter the "bad panda" screen a few times. Currently getting it when I try to search for a group name.

I'm thinking things aren't all that stable over at flickr ...

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
When you look at a single photo, it's hard to go back to the collection of photos you were originally looking at. Mobile app needs an auto-backup feature ala Photostream, Google+ app, etc.

AT06

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2012
Winwick, UK
Seems like Flickr is experiencing their frost major outage after the upgrade - been down for a short while now. Maybe further updates/tweaks, or just bugs?

UPDATE: Seems like they have it up and running again - it was down for a few hours as confirmed by a few sites.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.