Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdamZ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2004
Does anyone else just hate the new graphics Apple is using for its iLife, iWork boxes and various elements throughout the site. They don't look that good to me, and what is this obsession with green everywhere. My favorite graphic is held by the Logic 7 box. I realize that Jobs likes colors and that these are consumer type Apps, but come on these are kinda ugly.

Attachments

• iLife-04-300x275.jpg
    iLife-04-300x275.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 125
  • indexilifebox20050111.jpg
    indexilifebox20050111.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 414

macaddictann

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2004
I think the new packaging is creepy, and I'm no big fan of this comtemporary use of green everywhere. But then I also figure it doesn't matter what's on the box, just what's in the box. Put the most amazing software ever developed into a box with blood and guts all over it, and I'd still buy it. :D And no, I'm not saying iLife is the most amazing software ever. I can't see any reason to have it myself; it just "comes with," so it's harmless.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
huh. I was about to start a thread about how GOOD the new packaging looked. I think it wooes in users by making the iLife suite in particular look friendly and creative, rather than WHITE and SILVER professional-style. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE the styling of the pro series, but i think most consumers may want something a little more friendly to create their home movies with.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I love the new style - very organic and not as stuffy as the old - feels more like home than the "puzzle" lookthat was to pro-level corporate looking.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I am more disappointed it didn't have another app added to the mix for drawing or web site creation. Plus iTunes is getting long in the tooth. The box artwork didn't bother me. I throw away the packaging anyways.

hikeNM

macrumors 6502a
I can't say I like the artwork any less than before. It's just a little different and that's why it's Apple.

There's something very asthetically(?) pleasing about all of Apple's "packaging". From their software all the way up to the stores. The software boxes are very pleasing to the eye. So much so that we put all the boxes on our bookshelves because they look better than most books. When I walk into a store, everything about it is very comforting.

Living in a "red" state, there's never a "art for arts sake" mentality. But with Apple, there seems to be. And it's nice to have it around.

I hope whenever the next major OS is released, be it 11 or whatever, they are able to come up with something as pleasing to the eye as this one. I've always loved the aqua look.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
When I first saw it I thought "Oh, god! Why that green" but now it has grown on me. I am more drawn to that kind of vector art (that's what I hope to do in the future) than most photoshop packaged images.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.