Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMatt mini

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Central New Jersey
I have a whole dedicated PC to this type of stuff, I know, PC ugh. :rolleyes:

The only thing the PC has running usually is something else like this and now folding. Should get some high points. :D

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
iMatt mini said:
Stupid PC, it keeps shutting down the program every time I try to click into it... hmmph :mad:

Are you going to it via the Start menu? Check your system tray for a red gear looking icon near the clock, double clicking the gear will bring up the gui, right clicking will bring up a menu with options. If you set the program to run at startup it should be there. Once a client is running it will not launch a new one. Of course an error message would be nice rather than just shutting down.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
iMatt mini said:
No, whenever I click something within the program itself, using the GUI I get an error and it closes.

What is the error that you are seeing? If it happening too fast try downloading and running the console app so you can make the command prompt stay up until you have a chance to catch the error.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
Which winblows ver.?

Ether way, welcome, and "eat my dust"!!!!! :p

It seems most of the members of the 1600 listed probably need to remember they were doing this, or clear off. No matter what you will move up fast! I am using on dell laptop, xp pro, has a "gear" looking red icom bottom right. Double click as previously said, and the gui pops up! And right click as said works to mess with it!

qzak

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2005
iMatt mini said:
The only thing the PC has running usually is something else like this and now folding. Should get some high points. :D

sorry for the newbie question, but new to this stuff.. what is folding? what points are you talking about?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
qzak said:
sorry for the newbie question, but new to this stuff.. what is folding? what points are you talking about?

Folding is for disease research, your computer is used to do calculations, its gene research. The points go to assist MacRumors in mataining out status, trying to regain our number 20 spot. The points also will show up toward your status as a member of our team.

Thank you for your interest. Look forward to both of you being a member of our team.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/21908/

iMatt mini

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Central New Jersey
No, Everytime I click anything I get those stupid windows errors that this program had to close. It's a generic error message, no specific errors.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
Does the client work until you try to do something?

Have you tried the console client? It should help you earn more points since it doesn't waste precious processor cycles drawing pretty pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.