New Folder in Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shneady, Apr 29, 2009.

1. shneady macrumors member

How do I create a new folder in my TC. I'm still all new to this. When I right click, it doesn't give me the option the create a new folder, like windows would. How do I go about this on my mac? Thank you :)

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Strange. It should be as simple as connecting to it, and right clicking... Are you able to copy anything onto it? Maybe it's set to read files but not write to them...

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yea i agree, very odd.. maybe you are conencted as a guest??

4. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

Make sure you click "Connect As..." and put in your info. I just tried it and all you do is right click.

5. shneady thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I'm a tard. There's a default 'data' folder that shows up on the front page of the TC. I guess this is fixed, as I can't add any new folder to the front page. Anyway, once I clicked into the 'data' folder, I was then able to create a new folder inside of that one... would have liked my new folder to be on the front page when I open my TC, but oh well. What's an extra second having to click into an additional folder? I'll live with it... Unless there is a way I can add it to the front page somehow...??? Thanks for the responses and your guys' help, I really appreciate it :)