Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lightning inc.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Hi
Just bought the new MBPR with force touch and found some problems:
1. I use chrome and VLC, how can I benefit from this new trackpad?
2. in my old mba I've programmed BTT to close window when I *click* with 5 fingers and move to next tab when *click* with 4 fingers. Now for some reason it doesn't work. every action with clicking is not supported anymore? I hate that...
Is there any solution?

Thanks!

lightning inc.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
I have a Broadwell 13" rMBP, but I've never used BTT in any of my Macs, and I see no reason to use it.

have you ever tried using it?
once you go BTT you never go back. you just can't.

gestures shortcut that makes your life way easier.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Well

Hi
Just bought the new MBPR with force touch and found some problems:
1. I use chrome and VLC, how can I benefit from this new trackpad?
2. in my old mba I've programmed BTT to close window when I *click* with 5 fingers and move to next tab when *click* with 4 fingers. Now for some reason it doesn't work. every action with clicking is not supported anymore? I hate that...
Is there any solution?

Thanks!

for number one you can't unless they put in features to take advantage on a future update. (Can't see chrome doing that they can't even code it so it doesn't completely drain your battery and use way too many resources in OSX)

For number 2 it seems that your new mac doen't support that software, all I can suggest is that you write to the maker and ask if force touch support is coming.

lightning inc.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
BTT finally updated to support all gestures (that didn't work like clicking) and added new (force touch gestures)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.