New Forum and PowerPC...

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by MatthewLTL, May 31, 2015.

1. MatthewLTL macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

Am I the only one who cannot login to the new forums on a PowerPC using TenFourFox? I can login fine with Webkit and on my Linux laptop, I even went to the extent of disabling all addons, It still dont work.

2. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

Try rebooting or clearing your cache.

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

No issues at my end :s Maybe try updating TFF?

Attached Files:

4. mikiotty macrumors 6502

mikiotty

Working fine for me on my MDD with both Leopard Webkit and TenFourFox :) Picture 34.png

5. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

No issues on Webkit or TFF.

Classilla was a different story, but I'm going to set up my single 1.25 MDD afterwhile and try again.

6. Dronecatcher macrumors 68000

Dronecatcher

My G5 not on liking it on latest Webkit - impossible to post whilst using the rich text editor. However, my Powerbook running older Webkit is fine....all fun and games :)

7. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

I have also notices there is a 5 minute delay on this new forum. I type and it can take up to 5 minutes to even SEE anything typed.
    This is on my laptop and eMac.

8. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

Last night I rebooted and ran "AppleJack" which I might add, deleted mutiple pages of cache files, most of which were FireFox-TenFouFox related, this was after I had used TFF's clear History-cache function.
    After a reboot it seems things are starting to settle down. No more random logouts and barred logins, and the browsing speed with TFF is quite acceptable.

9. Cox Orange, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015

Cox Orange macrumors 68000

I had the typing delay half a sec. for every letter) in a few other forums/sites before and asked at tenderapp (support for Tenfourfox) and they said it happens with text editors that have automatic spell checking. (my delay-problems disappeared with version 32.7.0, though, I believe and now after the forum upgrade it is there again.).

I had no problems with macrumors in TFFx before the change, but now I have. Strangely I HAD signs of my spelling being shecked before the change, too, but without problems. So, I am a bit puzzled.

10. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Working fine here running Safari and TFF on the TiBook running Tiger. Text input is a little delayed in the quick reply box, but that's manageable.

11. SuperKerem macrumors 6502a

SuperKerem

The new layout looks a lot more modern, I must say!

12. weckart macrumors 68040

The colour scheme is non-existant. This abundance of white and pale excuses for contrasting colours are bleaching my eyes.

Time to fire up Tapatalk.

13. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

The colour scheme seems to work better on an IPS display, the TiBook looks washed out in comparison.

14. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

Ok, I'm attemping to type this from my Powerbook G4, its a tad laggy.

15. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

Well after I rebooted my eMac, I am now on here with TFF. There IS a typing delay (between a split second to a half a second) or there is no delay at all. Not liking the theme though, I prefer light text over dark backgrounds.

16. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

didn't guess that this had to do with the display, nevertheless all that white and those coloury elements make it hard to read. It is really eye scratching. (I already noted this in the http://forums.macrumors.com/posts/21387766/ thread).