new forums and front page

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ZMacintosh, Jun 2, 2015.

1. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

Is it possible to make the width of the front age a little wider? it just seems so confined when reading articles and having a intrusive side bar.
    For example - I like the way the width of the user info pane on the forums and the width of the forum content - if the sidebar on the front page could be decreased a bit and the article content alittle wider would be nice. perhaps even swapping the front page side bar from the right to the left? or even centering it someway...its just tough to read the front page sometimes esp with long articles or heavy content

also with the front page and inline threads are ads...can there be a tad bit more spacing between them? they often blend in and distract from reading content.

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I'm on my iPad right now so I can't see it, but at the bottom left there should be a button you can click to widen the articles.

3. ZMacintosh thread starter macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

Yeah its there for the forums/threads, but not Front Page articles.

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

It's there. Did it on my Mac. Maybe somebody on their Mac or PC can chime in with a screenshot.

5. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 11.54.17 AM.png View attachment 557841
    It's not the double-headed arrow icon, but a text link (choose either Fluid or Fluid HD):