New Free Ipods with MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ccl1590888, Sep 9, 2008.

1. ccl1590888 macrumors newbie

do they have the new ipods in stock and if so...would they give me the old ones or the new ones?

Also before i invest in a MBP....what is the status on the graphics card? should i wait to be safe so i dont get a crappy graphics card or am i safe by now?

is the graphics card changeable too?

sorry for all the questions i hope to get all the info soon.

2. BillG07 macrumors member

I'll take the first question:

"- The new iPods are not eligible for the Back to School promotion which ends on September 15th."

They'll give you the old one.

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

And if by chance you try to order a new one and a MBP at the same time anyway to seek the rebate, it will be denied as the details of the Student Promotion clear spell out what model numbers are acceptable under it.

4. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

No GPU failure for me.

And no, you can't change the graphics card on the MBP, it's part of the logic board.

But if your chip really does fail, it's covered under Applecare and they'll replace it for you as many times as it takes as long as you are under coverage. If your chip fails after the 3 years Applecare covers, eh.. you might as well get a new computer anyway :p.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

They'll give you the old iPod touch; that is what promotions are all about, shifting stock before the new ones are issued.

Re the graphics card, the potential problem has neither been admitted nor addressed; having said that, if an individual graphics card goes pear-shaped, it will be replaced under the original warranty, and/or Applecare, should you choose to purchase two additional years of peace of mind.

The MBP is a great machine; I have had one for nearly six months and it is easily the best computer I have ever had.
    Cheers