New from the Maker of Kirikae: Last App

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thelatinist, Feb 20, 2010.

1. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Ashikase has a new app in Cydia called Last App. It keeps track of your most recent app and allows you to switch quickly between it and the foreground app. Optionally it will background the current app when switching. It's perfect for playing a game while chatting with friends on Beejive or for quickly checking that tutorial without losing your place in Settings.

Activation is through libactivator, so there are plenty of ways to invoke it. I've got mine to switch on swipe-in from bottom-right.

Ashikase has also made Kirikae libactivator compatible, so it can be similarly activated. I've now got Kirikae set to invoke on swipe-in from bottom-left. Much faster than holding home.

2. dehory macrumors regular

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

+1

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Latinist: Can you explain the slide in gesture (from left or right) in specific terms? I've never been able to figure that one out and I'd love the additional options for Libactivator. Thanks!

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Here is the settings selection for slide in options ??

Attached Files:

6. thelatinist thread starter macrumors 603

thelatinist

Starting with your finger to the right of the home button below the screen, slide your finger quickly up and to the left, across the screen. At first you may find it necessary to slide all the way across the screen, but, with practice, you should be able to do it with only a very short flick. Of course reverse for "slide in from left." See image below.

Attached Files:

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Thanks! My problem was too light or small of a fingerprint on the slide up. If I use a more full contact area it works great. A light touch seems to just get the apps in my dock.

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I noticed this seems to keep your settings from fully closing (shows up as open in SBSettings)

9. thelatinist thread starter macrumors 603

thelatinist

How do you mean? I haven't noticed anything like that. What steps do you need to reproduce it?

10. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Just opened settings to adjust my settings in activator, then sometime later, noticed Settings was showing open in SBSettings. Perhaps it was just a fluke.

11. thelatinist thread starter macrumors 603

thelatinist

Hasn't happened on my phone.

12. clearchaos macrumors regular

clearchaos

i just got this app in conjunction with backgrounder and pro switcher.

i dont even care if apple implements multitasking now.

13. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

I don't see how this app is really any different than using Kirikae. Double tap for kirikae, open your new app, first app is automatically backgrounded...

14. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

It might seem that way until you have two apps open via Backgrounder then use a libactivator gesture to switch instantly between the two. It's something you need to try before dismissing this. I'm amazed.

15. thelatinist thread starter macrumors 603

thelatinist

I guess it's not...in the same way that the Alt-Tab shortcut is the same as opening up Task Manager to switch between apps in Windows. Sure, you can switch tasks in Task Manager, but you can't pretend it's as fast or as easy.