New full screen solid color Watch face???

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Julien, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Don't remember seeing this full screen solid color watch face when wOS 5 was released. Also I can't get it to show. When I add it I only get the 'older' Color watch face. Can others get the solid color watch face to work?

IMG_5850.jpg

IMG_5851.jpg

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

On my Series 4 Nike 44mm on Watch Os 5.0.1 these full color faces do not exist. Are these in the Watch OS 5.1 beta? If so that would explain why I don't see them on my watch.

3. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

When I was running the OG 5.0 beta, the color circular and color dial faces would randomly swap interchangeably (though it was not an option in the face menu). It seems complete and proper in 5.1 beta.

4. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I believe that is in the current iOS Beta, which would possibly mean you'd need the current WatchOS Beta to support it.

5. Julien thread starter macrumors G4

Julien

I am NOT running wOS beta. So others don't see this face???

IMG_5852.jpg

6. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I'm not running the beta on my watch and I get the options for these full colour faces.

7. Julien thread starter macrumors G4

Julien

Can you select and see them displayed on your watch too? I can't get it to work in full screen color on my Watch.

8. klymr macrumors 65816

According to this article, those are new to watchOS 5.1. Are you running an iOS 12.1 beta by chance? If so, I wonder if they are showing up in the Watch app because of that, and perhaps that is why you can't get it to work. Just a thought.

9. tromboneaholic, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018

tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

That's just showing you are not running WacthOS Beta, which is only available to developers. It doesn't show you are not running iOS Beta.

iOS Beta and WatchOS Beta are two separate systems. The Watch app on your phone is part of iOS, not WacthOS.

What you are seeing is a result of running a Beta version on your iPhone but not on your Watch.

10. batting1000 macrumors 604

The watch face will show up in the Watch app if you’re running the iOS 12.1 beta but you can’t actually apply it to the watch if you’re not running the watch beta.

11. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Because you are running iOS beta on your iPhone, but not your Watch.

12. Julien thread starter macrumors G4

Julien

Good to know it is new and I'm not imagining it. Also looks like an OK face to add plus there are probably about 50 to 60 colors to choose from.