New function for 2.2 or future release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pw030180, Oct 7, 2008.

1. pw030180 macrumors newbie

Just been thinking of a cool little addition to the new (probably too late now) or future release: The ability to have an option to double click when sending an SMS. For example if you click send then a box would pop up saying "Confirm message send" YES (green box)/NO (red box).

Obviously this would be optional and you could have the ability to turn this feature off if it became to people sending hundreds of texts but for people that only send a few it may be a good function in case of errors in the text of the SMS etc...

How could you suggest this to Apple?

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

That would be highly annoying.

3. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

+1.

I prefer a cancel button. :)

4. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I'd have to agree that it would be annoying. Why would you want something like that? As far as I know, no instant messenger has that function...on a phone OR computer...

5. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

You could toggle it...but a cancel button would be better.

6. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I'd rather they move the send button to the top of the screen instead of on top of the O and P.

Right now it's just too easy to accidentally hit send when you're looking to type a P or O. Causes you to waste a text because you have to finish what you were typing on a 2nd text.

7. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Or that.

8. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

No. Why don't you just be a tiny bit more careful when typing. I type pretty fast and care-free but, I never ONCE accidentally hit send... sometimes I have trouble actually hitting the send button... you gotta be pretty accurate to get the send button to activate.

9. toss002 macrumors regular

I THINK I LIKE THIS OPTION.:)

This is because often times I do slip and accidentally press the "send" button when trying to press the key near.

This to me is a welcome toggling option.

10. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Wow, glad you are so accurate. :rolleyes:

11. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I'm annoyed already because I have to typically press SEND twice to get it to register!

12. actorkid macrumors 6502

that would be annoying, but I DO think that there should be a cancel button somewhere. There have been many times where I need to type everything out quickly, and the stupid auto-correct will make the last word of my text ridiculous. Since I'm typing fast, the autocorrect doesn't register until after i press send, but sends the autocorrected word.

example (this happened today):

Girlfriend- I just ate a pb&j
    Me- Tummy! (supposed to be Yummy!)

....damn it

13. sotied macrumors regular

what'd are you guys tajkjing about??

Gypped frommd lye iPhone.

14. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

15. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Yeah agreed. I've never accidentally pressed the send button, but I have many times finished a text with lol, pressed send and it sends as LOL.

16. miniyou64 macrumors 6502

miniyou64

There's definitely a need for this. I've sent several texts where the last word got changed automatically then sent and it didn't make sense. This type of optional confirmation would be great.

17. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

No you don't. I happen to have sent may be 3/4 SMSs before finishing them because I accidently touched send. While I might not agree with the OP implementation-wise, I definitely would like this issue to be resolved in some manner.

18. synagence macrumors 6502a

A simple way to do it would be to change the send button into a "slide to send" mini bar

Simple gesture would be as quick as hitting the button but immune to accidental sending...

I have sent the odd message a little early with a slipped finger so something like this would be a boon for me