New Fusion Beta - Much Improved

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by elgrecomac, Jul 31, 2008.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Just downloaded Fusion 2.0 beta 2. Faster, several enhancements. Much improved over beta 1 and many, many cool features....and fast! It is worth installing now.

2. matperk macrumors 6502

Agreed. Installed last night and things have been working very well. I migrated from parallels as I LOVE the dual display support but I couldn't move yet because I need the link migration stuff. As in clicking mailto link in mac launching Outlook in XP and a weblink in outlook launching in OS X firefox.

It has crashed once on my but i'm not so sure it wasn't my fault.:)

3. elgrecomac thread starter macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

and I LOVE the ability to launch items from my shared folders

In unity mode, I can now just go to my shared folder and launch visio and MS Project files without having to see the WIN XP desktop...finally. Now if only there were industry standard MAC apps I could buy to get rid of project and Visio...or if only MS made them for the Mac.....Visio, especially is better than any of the Mac-based look-alike/run-alike app. Sorry, Mr. Jobs, it just the plain hard truth.

4. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Not sure what to do about this,think i'll wait till 2.0 comes out of beta & just use you lot as guinea pigs :D

5. nanofrog macrumors G4

Now that's just cruel. Sounds like an excellent idea! ;) :D :p

6. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

The new beta now supports importing Windows 2008 Boot Camp partitions as virtual disks.

Haven't had any problems with it or Beta 1 which I've used since it was released.