New game by Mr Qwak - Retro Racing

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Mr Qwak, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Mr Qwak macrumors newbie

Hello,

Retro Racing is our second release on iOS, following on from our puzzle arcade platformer ‘Qwak’.

In Retro Racing, first choose your car, then skid, slide, spin, hustle and race your way around the track at break neck speed. Collect power-ups along the track for more speed, acceleration, grip, and nitro boosts. Master the perfect racing line, and speed your way to victory in this adrenaline pumping top-down racer for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

Retro Racing has been over 12 months in development, with design, coding and graphics all by veteran indie developer, Jamie Woodhouse (me); who also created the much loved, classic Amiga top-down racers, Nitro (Psygnosis, 1990) and A.T.R. (Team17, 1995).

Should be available on the App Store mid to late Febraury. More information and game-play video can be found here:

http://www.mrqwak.com/games/retroracing/

(we also have a newsletter if you want to get instant notification of release).

p.s. Does anyone know how to embed video here? Is that allowed?
    p.p.s. I didn't ask permission to post this, but did read your FAQ: http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Guidelines_for_Software_Developers, and believe it's okay to self promote in this area of the forum.

Thanks,

Screens from Retro Racing on iPhone:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Screens from Retro Racing on iPad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Looks like it may be a fun game! Will you have an iPad version as well?

3. Mr Qwak thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi SandboxGeneral,

Yeah, it's a universal app; so works on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. If you run it on iPad, you can also play the 2 player head to head split screen mode!

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I meant will there be a dedicated iPad version, so as to not upscale the iPhone version to iPad size.

5. Mr Qwak thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, there are it's kind of upscaled, but you also see more of track. Also, if you run the app on an iPad, you'll be able to play with a friend, in split-screen mode. Works quite well on iPad..

6. Brimmer macrumors newbie

Looks cool, been trying to find arcade racing games. Now I just have to await the release..

7. Mr Qwak thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Brimmer. Hope you enjoy it. :)