New Game to OSX.. "The Path"

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by stanton, May 8, 2009.

1. stanton macrumors member

stanton

Don't know if anyone has already heard of this one, but it sort of reminds me of American McGee's Alice, artwork wise. The game is rather cheap: $10 for a digital copy, so it was definitely worth me checking it out. It's produced by a dutch Belgian company, Tale of Tales, which I never heard of. Well here's the link if you'd like to check it out: http://tale-of-tales.com/ThePath/ :apple:

edit: didn't want to insult anyone

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Tempted to hit the purchase button. But am weary of western European dev teams after Age of Conan.. I'll wait to hear some reviews first :p

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I just got it the other day. I'm enjoying it--the atmosphere is amazing and yes, feel's a bit like Alice. But it is NOT a game. If you go into it thinking it is you'll be disappointed. It's more like a piece of art with game elements. Instead, it's about soaking in the atmosphere, exploring, trying to piece together who the characters are from the things you find. It's kind of like Myst, but darker and without the puzzles.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I may have to get this out of curiosity. I love supporting indie developers.

5. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I'm really liking the sound of that. I just bought MYST for iPhone this week and it's a real handful I'm realising. Wouldn't mind something deep, but not as taxing to pass my limited game time atm..

6. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Good golly ... yeah, I'm enjoying replaying Myst yet again, also replaying NWN with both expansions and all Premium Modules, and also loving Plants vs. Zombies ... add this one in and I don't know when I'll boot to the Windows side again!