New GarageBand IAP - Is it New Content?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NightFox, Oct 23, 2013.

1. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

I've now got the updated version of GarageBand with the IAP option that includes a number of lessons and additional instruments. However, I've got lots of lessons installed from iLife '09 and iLife '11 and loads of instruments from the Jam Packs, does anyone know if this is just the same content being sold through IAP, or is it new lessons/instruments?

Don't really want to spend £5 and then find its stuff I've already got - shame there's no details of the IAP available without actually buying it as far as I can see

2. hamis92 macrumors 6502

I'm wondering about this too.

NightFox, did the existing Jam Packs and older preinstalled instruments appear in the new version after the upgrade for you?

In my case, I have relocated the instrument library on a hard drive other than the startup disk (which is a small SSD). The older GarageBand coped with this beautifully and allowed me to tell it where the instruments were moved. However, after installing the new GarageBand, I only see a very sparse default instrument library. Most of the older default instruments that were bundled with my Mac or Jam Pack Symphony Orchestra were nowhere to be found.

For now I've rolled back to the older GarageBand which still works as expected.

3. NightFox thread starter macrumors 68000

NightFox

My existing lessons were all still there but I don't know about earlier additional instruments as I'd recently done a clean install and hadn't got round to installing the Jam Packs

4. rchip macrumors regular

I'm trying to download the extra features, it's asking for £2.99 - I put my password in but nothing downloads :( ... Anyone else having this problem?

5. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Thinking...

I've read that the reason some softsynths and effects don't work and don't show up in the menu is that GarageBand 10 is 64-bit and thus your softsynth or plug-in must be rewritten for 64-bit. Happily, I now have both versions of GB installed.

6. guzhogi macrumors 68030

guzhogi

Anyone know if the old Jam Packs still work with Garageband 10?