new garageband update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brentg33, Jun 2, 2009.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

i updated my MBP last night (6/1/09) with the latest updates, including the one for garageband. soon after the update, comcast was out for the evening...so no online connection for the rest of the night. After the connection was lost, i tried opening up garageband and all i got was a bouncnig garageband icon on my dock. I looked at the error report created and it did mention something about my airport base station....so i was hoping the application not opening was a result of my lost connection. I am not home now to try again....i just wasnt aware that you needed to be online to start GB or is it the fact that it was the 1st time since the update that i opened it?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I too did the update last night and launched it with no issues while disconnected from the internet. I can try another machine, this was on my desktop machine.

3. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

that would be great....i didnt think it would have anything to do with it...though, in the error report i quickly read over it and saw some lines referencing my airport extreme. i will try again when i get home from work.

thanks

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well in theory it makes sense to finalize an install of an update via the web. I just didn't have the issue you had. Perhaps I need to try it on another machine just to be certain I was truly disconnected from the net.

5. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

let me know how it turns out.

thanks for your help

-brent

6. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

got home and opened GB, no issues, started up

thanks