New Generation trading possibility's for old MacbookPro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Spydrone, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Spydrone macrumors newbie

Hi,

I literally received my Macbook Pro yesterday on the 15th. I start up Safari and what I see: NEW GENERATION Macbooks. Like I'm using my Macbook for only 1 day and I already have the old generation. Payed the same price as the new ones cost! What are my possibility's? Trading, returning?

2. allanibanez macrumors regular

You can return withn 14 days of purchase. do it.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Welcome to Apple's business model. Just return it. You will have to pay 10% of the purchase price.

4. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Keep it. There's no compelling reason to buy the new model except the need to have the latest iteration. If that's you fine, but understand you'll have to eat the restocking fee.

5. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

Not all Apple Store employees will force you to pay the restocking fee if you're going to buy something else. Some employees are nice enough to do a direct swap.

6. Spydrone thread starter macrumors newbie

Does the new generation not have better 3D Cards?

7. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I don't understand why people buy new things right before a refresh then complain about it. In making a big purchase like a computer, you would think someone would do at least a little research and this fact would come up. This was a long-expected and published event.

8. Spydrone thread starter macrumors newbie

What's long? Placed my order on 27-9-2008... didn't read any posts about new Macbooks coming up. So I hope you can understand this is an other situation then you are telling me about above. And I just want to know what my possibility's are. ;)

Update: Apple sends me the new version of the Macbook and even receive money back. Thnx for the help.