New Genuine Apple Bumpers no longer Grippy

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Young Turk, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Young Turk macrumors 6502

My wife's black bumper, part of Apple's free bumper program in 2010?, has the grippy edges, which is nice because I could set it down in a part of my car's interior and it won't slide. So I ordered a white one from the Apple Store for my White 4S. The white bumper just arrived and is sleek and cool, but the sides aren't grippy like the older black one. Anyone know where I can buy a white bumper with good workmanship of a genuine apple bumper but with the grippy side?

Thanks,

2. DroidRules macrumors 65816

3. Young Turk thread starter macrumors 6502

The non-grippy white one I just bought is from the online Apple Store.

4. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I saw that and added more.... Not sure what can be done IF you want the sticky sides. Maybe some fakes got in with the "reals" or they just dropped their standards.... I vote for #2.

5. Cruncher macrumors regular

Cruncher

I thought only the black Apple Bumer has this grippy feeling! My white one also doens`t have the frippy edges!

6. Young Turk thread starter macrumors 6502

Now that's interesting. Did you get both at the Apple Store, and how long ago?

7. Cruncher macrumors regular

Cruncher

yes I got both. My first black one was from the free programm. For my 4S I bought a new black and a white one. Only the black one has this rubbing edges!

8. kicko macrumors 65816

i'm going to guess the "rubber" on the white one gets dirty easily and they might have tweak the formula to keep it from doing so easily. They might have made it a bit stiffer. If you bought it from apple i'm sure its not fake... however the fakes are very similar to the real.

I'd just buy a $2 fake and be happy.