New Gestures... Who Thought These Up?!?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mr.wiggles, Jul 25, 2011.

1. mr.wiggles macrumors member

Just give me the ability to set ALL gestures the way I want them!! That's all I want.

I've been using four fingers up to reveal the desktop since god knows when and now it does something completely different with no choice to reset either gesture. I'd LOVE to be able to set EVERY action and not be given customization options for SOME of them.

The only new gesture that seems appropriate to me (after seeing, trying and being completely irritated by the new ones) involves a middle finger and the back of the hand resting on the trackpad. They could assign that one the "contact Apple feedback" action.

Please Apple! Let me customize them ALL!

2. DeChrii macrumors member

you can always uncheck all of them and download magic pref which i believe should work with trackpads on the mbp give that a try.

3. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Apple is a company that does not like allowing the users to customize it fully. If you've noticed, we DID get a lot of options compared to what it was like in Snow Leopard. In the mean time, check an app called 'Better Touch Tool.' It does let you customize multi-touch gestures. Being free is the best part :)

4. Mrguidogenio macrumors regular

Mrguidogenio

Another vote for BetterTouchTool. If it wasn't free I'd even pay 20 bucks for this app.

5. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Or remember that every gesture you use now needed getting used to at some stage.

6. mr.wiggles thread starter macrumors member

Hey thanks for the suggestion of BetterTouchTool! Made my day!

7. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Did you have to jailbreak your mac to install that program? No? Well than your full of crap!

8. karohan macrumors 6502

If I had to be honest, BetterTouchTool is probably the biggest reason I stick with Mac.

9. stevearm macrumors 6502a

The ability to pinch to zoom in Finder is what made me go back to Snow Leopard.

Well that, and there isn't a single feature in Lion that suits me.

10. yashrg macrumors regular

yashrg

There were two utilities mentioned in the thread, BetterTouchTool and MagicPrefs. I want to ask those who have already used these if it is possible to selectively invert scrolling behavior on Lion. I don't want the scrolling in my web browser and other apps to be reversed because I have to go back and forth between my college computers and my iMac.

However, I would like to change the behavior of the swipe between full screen apps gesture so I can swipe the screens in a 'natural' direction.

And my ideal behavior for safari would still be swiping to the left to go back, and the right to go forward. The 'Un-natural' way according to Apple.

11. Mrguidogenio macrumors regular

Mrguidogenio

The scrolling can be set to normal again within System Preferences, under "Scroll Direction":

[​IMG]