New Glitch found anyone have same problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dccorona, Aug 6, 2008.

1. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

My iPhone 3g will occasionally, and without any apparent reason, fail to access the network, even though it shows having service

i will be unable to send or receive text messages, or make or receive phone calls

usually turning the phone off and then on solves this, but this time (it happened again today) i am having to do a full restore

this problem is big because it can go hours not working and you dont even know because you just think no one is trying to contact you

ive had 6 hours of text messages backed up that came in after i turned it off and on

anyone have the same problem? anyone have a better solution than i do?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I tend to see "NO SERVICE" a few times at my house, but my service tends to come right back after a few minutes. My text messages have never been backed by that much. Sorry to hear all that...

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Duplicate thread if it's O2 - a couple of users saw a glitch this morning with service. I know yesterday and day before, mail wasn't being pushed for some reason, then all came in. I'd imagine it's a network side issue - the carrier websites usually give information about what's happening, if not, customer services get hot updates on network issues in your area/global ones.

4. dccorona thread starter macrumors 68020

dccorona

no its AT&T
    and i dont think its a carrier issue....otherwise powering off then on wouldn't help
    and its a repeat problem.....I had the same issue a week after the phones release (I remember it was the day The Dark Knight came out)