New Google 'puts Bing in shade'

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by edesignuk, Aug 12, 2009.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Improved Search...
    BBC.

...and improved GFS...
    The Register.

2. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't really care if Microsoft is successful or not. Why wouldn't I want any company to make a good product? :confused: In fact, I'd think it be nice if more people started using Bing. It has certainly brings up search results (or not in the same order of what it feels is important) that I don't get when I search Google, for better or worse.

I only want Bing to compete better with today, and tomorrow's, Google because I really don't want Google to get all the control over information.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

While I'm no google fanboy by any stretch, Microsoft doesn't have the best track record either. I'm not sure who I'd prefer, but I seem to settle in to googling rather then binging my search needs.

5. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

It is important that Google have a big competitor though. I hope MS stay in the game, fruitless as it may be to them.

As long as MS have deep pockets it keeps Google on their toes. No bad thing.

6. Queso macrumors G4

The threat to Google will come from Baidu, not Bing.

7. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Good point and I agree.

It's always best when you have at least two companies competing in the market place. It keeps the companies on their toes and provides a better product for the customer.

8. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I had to Google it just to know what it even was. Maybe it'll be a big international player in future, for now it's Google vs Bing as far as I can tell.

9. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Don't know if you intended this to be funny, but it's hilarious. You had to google the supposed google competitor. That's just great! :D