New Griffin cases out! Yay!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Ryuukumori, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

Shweet, check out their website. New cases today.

http://www.griffintechnology.com

Anyone ordering one of these? The iClear ones look very durable.

I noticed though on the 1st gen touch cases, the clear plastic wraps around the home button like in a semi half circle design, and covers the bottom black part. On the new ones, as seen in the pictures, I don't see it with the same style. It keeps the home button and the bottom black part exposed. Maybe this is because of the speakers or the curved body?

Is that a new change, or am I just looking at it wrong?

Comments, questions, anything here about the new Griffin cases! :D

2. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

I've been waiting for them to do the iClear for the 3G since July, ordered it the day it went up on their site. However, it seems my order is going nowhere which isn't anything new with Griffin. Still, I use their cases on all my other iPods (iClear on 32GB Touch, Reflect on 16GB, iClear on 3g Nano) and I find their cases are better made than any others out there. This will be the sixth case for the 3G and hopefully it won't be as disappointing or as poorly made as many of the clear cases out there are now.

3. insicor macrumors newbie

Were the first Griffin cases ever sold in BB or were they an online only product?

Also I wonder how these cases are gonna affect the speaker, because accord to iLounge's review, the speaker is actually the back panel of the touch.

4. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

this one looks pretty cool... not out yet though.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/nuformipod

I had a contour showcase (hard case) for my 80gb classic. I love the protection, but it didn't fit perfectly and it would allow dust/lint to get between the case and the ipod. Has anybody used a hard case with a touch? thoughts?

5. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

Do you mean their first ever round of cases? Other wise, I've never had a problem finding their cases at Best Buy (for iPods) and most cellular stores have their iPhone 3G cases. Anyway, I'm hopping the cases for the new Nano come out sometime very soon. I don't like carrying my 4g Nano around without a case right now.

6. natezire71 Guest

Thats exactly what I'm getting... Just waiting for it to come out.

7. radpanic macrumors member

I can't wait for the nuform as well! It looks great. I just hope it's not too bulky. i had the Incase Slider Case on my 1st gen. It's was fine but hardly worth the 35 bucks(including shipping).

8. dmcman73 macrumors newbie

That little half circle plastic over the home button is a bad design. After some time flexing the plastic, it will start to crack and break off as it will make the plastic brittle. This is probably why they removed it for the 2G version.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The reflect case is a nice looking case, a nice tight fit and now my prefered case over the Agent 18, which seemed to invite dust and dirt inside and cause scratches to my iPhone.

10. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

any idea when it will be available? will they carry it in apple stores?

11. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Must buy iClear. Now. I really want it. I just can't figure out how to order it for the iPod Touch (2G). Whenever I add it to my cart it switches to the one for the iPod Classic. :confused: Any ideas?

12. Phish311 macrumors regular

iClear

i saw the iClear for the new ipod touch at best buy in shady grove, MD today

13. California King macrumors 65816

You sure it wasn't for 1st gen? I think I saw one for 1st gen last week.

14. Phish311 macrumors regular

i opened it up and it had the space for the volume controls. It also said "iClear for the new iPod Touch"

15. KBV1 macrumors regular

KBV1

its a shame i cant get one in the UK for the new nano. Is there a UK website which sells griffin products?

16. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

Oh yeah... www.letsmovetoUSA.com

Haha...

Anyway, anyone know when the griffin Nu is coming out ?!!

17. soccerplayaatl macrumors member

If you dont mind, could you give us a SKU so we could maybe order online or try to locate it in one of our stores?

Thanks

18. Phish311 macrumors regular

The SKU is: 85387 10032.

If anyone needs any other info, ill be happy to help

19. soccerplayaatl macrumors member

Thanks for that information. On your receipt, could you please give me the 6 digit number next to it as well.

Thanks so much. I cant wait to get my hands on a case so I can actually open it.

Also, is it true that the plastic case doesnt go around the home button anymore? Pictures would be great!

20. Phish311 macrumors regular

i dont see a 6 digit number on the receipt but here is the info i can find:

0648115 (next to the time on receipt)

8965293 (next to description of item)

The case does NOT go around the home button...it is completely open on the front. The case did come with a screen protector that was very easy to put on

21. soccerplayaatl macrumors member

Sorry for the numerous questions, but it doesn't cover up the black part at the top as well? And does the screen cover just cover up the screen or the black part of it as well?

Thanks for putting up with my questions hahah

22. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

23. Phish311 macrumors regular

Not sure what you mean by the black at the top but maybe this will help.

The back of the case is entirely covered by the hard case. The screen protector is just for the screen (as its called). the only parts of the ipod not covered by anything are the bottom ports, the volume control and the black button on the top

24. soccerplayaatl macrumors member

What I meant was the .5-1 inch space at the top of the screen which is black. Is that place covered?

And also, I just confirmed with two of my local Best Buy stores that they are in stock and for the new iPod touch with the SKU Number provided. If only I wasnt 45 minutes away and carless :(

25. richpjr macrumors 68020

richpjr

Does the clip on the back of the iClear come off? I was looking at one in the store yesterday and couldn't tell (and didn't want to break it).