New GUI feature not documented [as far as I know]

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rochford, Oct 15, 2013.

1. rochford macrumors member

My system [10.8.5] seems to have a new feature I hadn't previously noticed or seen documented anywhere. If I attempt to drag any window in any application to the top of the screen it now goes to the full available screen size [not full screen as using the diagonal arrows in the top right window corner but still showing the menu bar]. If I drag the window to either side of the screen it resizes to exactly half the window size, so very easy to put two windows side by side on a large screen. Is this a feature I have turned on somehow, was it part of the last update, and do other users have this?

Just wondering…
    cheers

2. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

That is not in 10.8.5. It's more likely to be a feature from a third party software you installed.

3. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

Yeah, it's a third-party app. It might be BetterSnapTool from the App Store?

4. rochford thread starter macrumors member

Quite right, thanks for the replies. Very close djtech42, the culprit was the BetterTouch Tool I loaded recently for the Leap controller. Would appear I've fiddled with the Advanced Window Snapping Action Settings when I was setting it up.