New GUI for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by invertedparadox, Oct 6, 2010.

1. invertedparadox macrumors newbie

Quick thought

Remember those films with the cool sophisticated Graphical User Interfaces(GUI's).where they seem so seemless. For example, some sci-fi films, and animes. where the computer screens are so animated and quick(not so bothered about quick really)

Would anyone know if there are any jail-broken apps or skins that would work on the ipad. Would literally be the best device to do it on!

Ill post a link (When I find one) and bump if no one understands

2. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Hey Mitch, how are you, just got here to the same camp after reading the OP. :eek:

@OP, you need more details of what you are talking about in order for us to guide you in the right path, Screenshot, link, video, something to understand what kind of UI you are looking for.

4. mrathee macrumors 6502

No, there isn't.

I am assuming the op means a touch screen interface - one similar to minority report and other sci-fi movies.

The iPad gui is pretty much set - you can edit icons and layouts, but you can't do a complete overhaul like you are hoping.

5. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

Minority report GUI might be cool. Or better yet the NCIS or most notably NCIS LA with their touch screen. That's a sweet setup.

6. DisneySMAX macrumors member

As for the GUI on the iPad. It would be nice to be skinable but that will never happen. Mr Control Freak (S.J.) would have a panic attack!

7. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

All I would like is for it to have a PIP type mode, where you can have a second app running and visible without having to switch to it. Or maybe 4 finger swipe between 2 apps to change focus but still being able to see both running.

8. Wiesenlooser macrumors 6502a

Yo Ima let you finish but the iPad GUI is on of the best GUIs of all time. Of all time.

9. mrathee macrumors 6502

really?

10. Ksane macrumors regular

BAHAHAHA!!! You let Taylor Swift have her turn lol!

11. LegendKillerUK macrumors 6502

I think a four or five finger swipe horizontally wold be great when say, browsing the web and using an IM client.