Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Ugh....only 1GB for dedicated music on apple watch. Thought it was going to be 2GB!

What's the big deal? It's not like you need iTunes to sync music to it. Just sync a playlist from your phone prior to going to work out and you're all set.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Ugh....only 1GB for dedicated music on apple watch. Thought it was going to be 2GB!

You can configure it to the amount of detected storage you want (up to 2GB). In the example (and default, I think) it is set at 1GB. Just tap on it (see the arrow) and you can change it.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Yep, works for me on my iPhone, but not my Mac. This is what happens since Apple went from Apple Computer to Apple, Inc. :p

Camusrieux

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2013
http://www.apple.com/watch/guided-tours/

I hope this image of the clock face coming trough is Transparency, and not burn-in. Does OLED have burn-in?

I don't know whether OLED has that problem, but the image you're seeing on that video is definitely being put there by the software. If you watch carefully, you'll see the blurry clock hands move off the left side of the screen at 00:20 of the Siri Guided Tour. It's an animation, not burn-in.

----------

Cute subtlety on the Siri Guided Tour (and perhaps the others): the watch face shows the day and date as "FRI 24."

Oh, Apple, you tease.

studIOS5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Oregon, OH
What's the big deal? It's not like you need iTunes to sync music to it. Just sync a playlist from your phone prior to going to work out and you're all set.

After I thought about the ability to sync from your iPhone, I'm less disappointed. I'll probably be controlling the music on my phone more than worried about a dedicated watch playlist anyway.

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
I don't know whether OLED has that problem, but the image you're seeing on that video is definitely being put there by the software. If you watch carefully, you'll see the blurry clock hands move off the left side of the screen at 00:20 of the Siri Guided Tour. It's an animation, not burn-in.

----------

Cute subtlety on the Siri Guided Tour (and perhaps the others): the watch face shows the day and date as "FRI 24."

Oh, Apple, you tease.

Thank goodness. FWEW!!:eek:

corlando465

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Oh wow! Thanks for the update. I didnt know about the guided tours. I've been reading all I can but the tours are so much better. I can't wait to have my hands on it!

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Is it just me or the videos are low quality?

Yeah, I think they may be doing this because they're loaded into the Apple Watch app on the phone and they don't want to eat people's data.

They usually upload the full 1080p videos to YouTube within a day or two.

imaginex20

macrumors 65832
Jun 17, 2009
It looks like the watch won't play songs until you select the watch as the source? That means my headphones will connect to the iPhone first until I select the watch as the source which is ok with me.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
After I thought about the ability to sync from your iPhone, I'm less disappointed. I'll probably be controlling the music on my phone more than worried about a dedicated watch playlist anyway.

IF you had to use Itunes to sync I'd be disappointed as well but its iPhone > watch so not a big deal.

LewisChapman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2015
Could be inconvenient to require the Watch to be on charge to sync playlists from your iOS device. She mentions this in the Music video at around 1:09.

These tours are great and I hope to see them in future Apple releases.

Camusrieux

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2013
The whole "play music straight from your Watch" function seems to be intended entirely for runners/joggers/walkers/workout participants who prefer not to have their iPhones on them during the exercise, correct? As a bicyclist rather than a runner/etc., I'm having a hard time coming up with a situation in which I'd want music but would also need it to come from the Watch rather than the iPhone. (Come to think of it, this is also why I'm not terribly troubled that the Watch doesn't have onboard GPS.)

None of which is to say that onboard music is a pointless function or anything; I just suspect I personally won't use it on my Apple Watch.

Anyone think of a use case for this particular function that doesn't involve specifically exercising in a way that makes carrying an iPhone unwieldy or uncomfortable?

studIOS5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Oregon, OH
I feel like a fat kid that just ate an entire pizza. I probably should have saved some for later, but I just couldn't help myself...

Now I just feel slightly satisfied, yet disgustingly waiting for my next binge #

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
The whole "play music straight from your Watch" function seems to be intended entirely for runners/joggers/walkers/workout participants who prefer not to have their iPhones on them during the exercise, correct? As a bicyclist rather than a runner/etc., I'm having a hard time coming up with a situation in which I'd want music but would also need it to come from the Watch rather than the iPhone. (Come to think of it, this is also why I'm not terribly troubled that the Watch doesn't have onboard GPS.)

None of which is to say that onboard music is a pointless function or anything; I just suspect I personally won't use it on my Apple Watch.

Anyone think of a use case for this particular function that doesn't involve specifically exercising in a way that makes carrying an iPhone unwieldy or uncomfortable?

plenty of places you don't take your iphone to...

how about in the shower? YOu want to play music to your bluetooth speaker in the bathroom? or when you are on the throne...

the whole point for me is i don't have to rely so much on the phone for those 5 seconds glances to the watch people normally do. and I plan to take advantage of that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.