NEW GunnerCase by baseonelabs

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mgeyster, Feb 13, 2012.

1. mgeyster macrumors member

mgeyster

Hey everyone,

Today we announced our newest case offering called GunnerCase. GunnerCase uses the same built in technology that shotguns use to absorb recoil. We are not currently taking pre orders but we are allowing email sign ups for more info. Here are some photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the link for more info: http://www.baseonelabs.com/collections/products/products/gunner

2. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

3. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

I've been wondering how it would be to have an impact band with a closed back! (essentially that's what it looks like anyways but perhaps the sides aren't as thick... And also the new collapsable design inside)

I sent you guys an email please let me know if you would like me to do a review. :)

4. mgeyster thread starter macrumors member

mgeyster

Yes it's made out of a form of TPU.

----------

We'll get back to you tomorrow. Thats exactly what we wanted to achieve. Except GunnerCase is significantly thinner than impactband.

5. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Sounds good! I'm super excited :D

I haven't tried the older generations of impact bands, but the newest version (I think v.3) already feels superb in the hand.

6. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Honestly, just throw on the covered buttons on the Impact Band and you will have the perfect case. That has always been my only real want for your Impact Band that I think is needed. It would be perfect with the covered buttons.

This case is ok, but it looks a little too plain for it to even be profitable. Too many cases on the market currently and this guy looks pretty similar to some of the others. Maybe a little more protective than say something like the Magpul but looks to be on par with the Candyshell or Commuter.

Personally I think you should focus on the iPod Touch or maybe an Impact Band style watch band for the new Nano. That would be cool.

7. mgeyster thread starter macrumors member

mgeyster

8. mgeyster thread starter macrumors member

mgeyster

Our iphone 5 impactband will have covered buttons for sure. I agree its needed. thanks for the input!

9. mgeyster thread starter macrumors member

mgeyster

We are just about done with the final tweaks now to the tooling and will be going into full production soon! I'll be posting updates when I have them.

10. chickdigger802 macrumors regular

Give a shout when it's on amazon!

11. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Hi! are you guys still planning on sending cases out for review? I'm still very interested in taking a look at your newest product!

12. chickdigger802 macrumors regular

13. swwang macrumors newbie

Not as good as the hype suggested

I pre-ordered and got mine. It feels cheap and plastic, the fit is not tight enough compared to the Incipio NGP. It is also softer than I like. I am going back to the Incipio NGP case.
    I sent Basenotelabs an e-mail wanting to return the case and got no response so can't say much good things about their customer service either.

Scott

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

Pro's

Good (GunnerCase) Bad A$$ Name
    Gun and Ammo make it look Bad A$$ and tough

Con's

Plastic looks cheap