NEW GunnerCase for iPad - shotgun recoil technology

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by mgeyster, Mar 22, 2012.

1. mgeyster macrumors member

mgeyster

Hey guys,

Yesterday I announced my newest case called GunnerCase for iPad. Just like the first GunnerCase for iPhone 4S thats almost ready to launch, it has the same built-in recoil technology that shotguns use. This makes for a great protective case with a thin design.

Its currently not for sale yet but I am collecting email sign-ups to let everyone know when it launches. I'm spreading the word seeing what everyone thinks.

Link:http://www.baseonelabs.com/collections/products/products/gunnercase-for-ipad

Here's some photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Supacali macrumors newbie

What is the material used for this case?

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

3. mgeyster thread starter macrumors member

mgeyster

It will be made out of TPU. TPU gives a nice feel and isn't tacky like silicone.

4. batotman macrumors 6502

Looks really nice. But $70 for TPU (though much nicer than silicone) feels like a kick in the crotch.

But what do I know, $30 is my limit on a case. :D

5. rgr555 macrumors 6502

looks good but no front protection right? are the edges in the front high enough so the glass would never touch a surface if upside down?

6. Maritan macrumors regular

Looks nice. I have a fairly rough environment for my iPad usage, and would love to see some screen protection so I can just close the case and know that the screen is also protected...

7. mgeyster thread starter macrumors member

mgeyster

The cost is in the design. If you look at other cases they just slap a layer of silicone right over the ipad. I designed GunnerCase with the recoil chambers. This drive the cost right up but is worth it.

----------

Yes, GunnerCase has lay on the table design. The screen wont be close to any surface if laid on its face. Unless you decide to toss it into rocks. GunnerCase wont help you there. lol

8. rgr555 macrumors 6502

I like it. Looks masculine but sleek. Would like to see photos of finished product, when will it available?

9. aCuria macrumors member

Im not a fan - The back should be nice and flush, what's with the rectangular depression?

The front looks better aesthetically, but its going to be hard to use. there is now a raised bezel, and this will make it hard to use the home button and the entire screen for that matter, because there's no longer a natural place to put your hand

10. mooseknuckles macrumors member

I am lost on the target market? Not enough protection to compete in harsh elements with Griffin Survivor, Gumdrop, Otterbox etc... Not thin enough for the minimalist...

For my use and abuse the ports, mic, speaker openings are far too large. Added screen protection is key. I see that you state screen protector and cloth included, I will assume this is a stick on application and not a hard shell insert.

The depression in the back may be nice for holding while using.

The front looks fantastic.

Best of luck.

11. RickG macrumors regular

that looks badass- post when they are ready- I think you will sell a lot of those

12. mgeyster thread starter macrumors member

mgeyster

The rectangle depression on the back is because the sides have recoil chambers just like the gunnercase for iPhone. I will post photos when I have them to show what I'm talking about.