New guy cleaning out the closet

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bluedogz, Aug 21, 2010.

1. bluedogz macrumors newbie

Hello all-

I've actually been lurking here for years, but never had a need to register or post, but now here we are!

Anyhow, I have a closet full of assorted Macs that are defunct for lots of reasons, and I am hoping to maybe turn them into a new HD or two.

I have:
    -MacBook 13", 2.0ghz, 2MB, Snow Leopard, dead Superdrive
    -iBook G4, water damage (seems to have blown the power supply but I am not sure), already cannibalized the HD
    -G3 Wallstreet, 10.2 installed, boots but display will not light properly, (am told this is endemic problem with Jaguar on G3s?)
    -G4 cube, works great, 10.2, AirPort, bone stock otherwise
    - iMac 20" Core Duo, 4MB, Snow Leopard... just don't use it anymore.
    - bondi blue iMac G3 233, OS 9.2, bone stock

My overall goal here is to fill my current MacBook 13" (different from the one above) with the stompinest HD I can stuff in there, and maybe end up with enough external storage that I can use as backup drives.

Any thoughts on projects I might attempt with this garage-full-o-stuff are welcome.

2. molala macrumors 6502a

The G3's and G4's would have very small HDs if they are what originally came with the machine. <30GB or even <12GB.

You might be better off selling those working or for parts and buying a nice 500GB drive for backup. The G4 cube is a collector's item. iMac 20" core duo is worth quite a bit too.

3. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

I believe I would do what the person above me suggested as well. Sell all of the stuff you really don't want, and then buy an awesome hard drive with the money you get off of it :)

4. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

do what they are saying, but spring for the 1TB drive!