Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ImprezaWRX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
Hey guys, hit up this forum a bunch of times but never joined out of laziness. I bought my MBP last december and it rocks. This is the first mac I've owned but I've used a lot of different macs before. So, just wanted to introduce myself. Also couldnt find what thread/forum section this would go under... :-/

spmiz12

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2009
Welcome...... It's GREAT having you... I think you will soon learn that somehow Apple has the computing scene figured out..... I mean how many times do you look at a PC and wonder if only it could do that; trust me, it probably is already there with the Mac....

Welcome Aboard, I hope we all continue to learn from the more experienced to enjoy the journey

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Congrats OP! Macs are addicting. I switched almost three years ago. A macbook pro was my first, then I bought another, then I got a mac pro, and a Macbook air, I love all of my macs :)

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
Welcome to MR ... everything under the Sun is found here.

and for the most part ... some really helpful people.

cheers :cool:

ImprezaWRX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
Welcome...... It's GREAT having you... I think you will soon learn that somehow Apple has the computing scene figured out..... I mean how many times do you look at a PC and wonder if only it could do that; trust me, it probably is already there with the Mac....

Welcome Aboard, I hope we all continue to learn from the more experienced to enjoy the journey

To be honest, the biggest reason why I bought a MBP and switch from Windoze is VMWare Fusion. The idea of running windows virtually as opposed to boot camp...pure genius. I had a Sony Vaio notebook, video card burned out. I have some ubuntu, fedora experience (was fun but time consuming) as well, so macs just filled the void perfectly.

Now if only Apple can burn blu-rays, etc...it would decimate all, but I think blu-ray is in bed with the PC manufacturers.

ImprezaWRX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
Welcome.

Now you got to learn how to whine every time Apple disappoints us :rolleyes:

My iphone 3g craps the bed all the time. My MBP needs a new battery/power cable i think. Sometimes the charger says not charging or the light doesnt come on. And sometimes if the cable gets disconnected, the comp shuts down :-(

DarkVinda

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
Manchester, UK
Welcome & Congrats on the purchase

I aint a massive poster here - but you gotta love this forum if you need help if it aint on here then it pretty much aint possible :D

i have had macs from the bondai blue :D the last incarnation of the ibook g4 and now a macbook pro :D

next on my list is a mini or tv :D

opera57

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
Awesome! You will be hooked now! Since getting my first mac (also a 15" MBP), I've also bought an iMac and a MacBook air (not to mention an ipod touch and ipad!). Welcome to the forum!
signature_silverapple.jpg

ImprezaWRX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
Im hoping to get a ginourmous iMac sometime in the future. We're talking HUGE! (akin to the "huge guy" theory from boondock saints...rofl)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.