New guy (first time mac owner)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ImprezaWRX, Nov 24, 2010.

1. ImprezaWRX macrumors newbie

Hey guys, hit up this forum a bunch of times but never joined out of laziness. I bought my MBP last december and it rocks. This is the first mac I've owned but I've used a lot of different macs before. So, just wanted to introduce myself. Also couldnt find what thread/forum section this would go under... :-/

2. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

Hello and welcome!

Lots of great knowledge and wisdom to be found on this website.

Enjoy

3. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Welcome! I love my MBP...loved it so much after a week I got the wife a used one.LOL

4. spmiz12 macrumors regular

Welcome...... It's GREAT having you... I think you will soon learn that somehow Apple has the computing scene figured out..... I mean how many times do you look at a PC and wonder if only it could do that; trust me, it probably is already there with the Mac....

Welcome Aboard, I hope we all continue to learn from the more experienced to enjoy the journey

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Nice, I have a 13" MacBook Pro, what size is yours?

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Congrats OP! Macs are addicting. I switched almost three years ago. A macbook pro was my first, then I bought another, then I got a mac pro, and a Macbook air, I love all of my macs :)

7. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

Welcome.

Now you got to learn how to whine every time Apple disappoints us :rolleyes:

8. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Welcome to MR ... everything under the Sun is found here.

and for the most part ... some really helpful people.

cheers :cool:

9. ImprezaWRX thread starter macrumors newbie

To be honest, the biggest reason why I bought a MBP and switch from Windoze is VMWare Fusion. The idea of running windows virtually as opposed to boot camp...pure genius. I had a Sony Vaio notebook, video card burned out. I have some ubuntu, fedora experience (was fun but time consuming) as well, so macs just filled the void perfectly.

Now if only Apple can burn blu-rays, etc...it would decimate all, but I think blu-ray is in bed with the PC manufacturers.

10. ImprezaWRX thread starter macrumors newbie

Mines the 15"

11. ImprezaWRX thread starter macrumors newbie

My iphone 3g craps the bed all the time. My MBP needs a new battery/power cable i think. Sometimes the charger says not charging or the light doesnt come on. And sometimes if the cable gets disconnected, the comp shuts down :-(

12. ImprezaWRX thread starter macrumors newbie

:thumbs up:

13. DarkVinda macrumors regular

DarkVinda

Welcome & Congrats on the purchase

I aint a massive poster here - but you gotta love this forum if you need help if it aint on here then it pretty much aint possible :D

i have had macs from the bondai blue :D the last incarnation of the ibook g4 and now a macbook pro :D

next on my list is a mini or tv :D

14. opera57 macrumors 6502

Awesome! You will be hooked now! Since getting my first mac (also a 15" MBP), I've also bought an iMac and a MacBook air (not to mention an ipod touch and ipad!). Welcome to the forum! [​IMG]

15. ImprezaWRX thread starter macrumors newbie

Im hoping to get a ginourmous iMac sometime in the future. We're talking HUGE! (akin to the "huge guy" theory from boondock saints...rofl)