New guy here.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BlackJack325, Dec 2, 2010.

1. BlackJack325 macrumors member

Hello, just wanted to say hello and and introduce myself.
    Just became the new owner of a 17" Macbook Pro and I absolutely love it. Got a killer deal from my local Best Buy on this black friday.

What I want to do:
    I currently record my own music with my Roland VS-2000 CD recording equipment. I would like more control on editing my music and the roland lacks how much I can "edit" the tracks. Would like a way to integrate the Roland to record, and use the Mac to edit/master the tracks.

I would also like to learn how to use Photoshop to edit some pictures since im into the automotive world. I would like to learn how to paint, chop, drop customize vehicles using Photoshop.

Hopefully, i'll get the info I need to get these things done. See you all on the forums.

2. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

3. Jenko macrumors regular

Congratulations on your first. I purchased my very first Mac product in August which was an MBP 15" i7 and I have to say I am over the moon with the product. It took me a couple of years to save up for it but it was worth it I hope to never return to PC's again. Enjoy your new machine and you will find a lot of useful help on these forums.
    Regards
    jenko

4. BlackJack325 thread starter macrumors member

thanks, yes it is great!

Been browing the software stickies but a lot of them are older than 2006, anyone know if theyre still good or are there new software/apps that are new and or updated?

I wanna also do some video editing on mine, and maybe some home design stuff. Nothing too in depth. More music, video editing is what im looking for. As far as apps go, Ive seen them discussed on the forum but no one really explains what they do or what they are for.

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

6. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Best suggestions I can give to learn Photoshop:

1. Watch Photoshop User TV (iTunes). There are also several other good video podcasts.

2. As to books, look at Photoshop CS5 for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby. This is probably one of the best books on how to use the main features of Photoshop.

7. BlackJack325 thread starter macrumors member

:cool:

What about apps? Like I mentioned earlier, I see some mentioned but I dont know what they do or if it would be useful for me. Any link you guys might be able to provide to see what individual apps do and if they might be useful for me?

8. ijlal macrumors newbie

Heyy... welcome! I read about the deal you got from Bestbuy... Could you help me out on that? Are there still and macbooks available and can i check online if the store has any open box available or i have to visit them personally... Sorry im also new here!