New Guy Here

Discussion in 'iMac' started by billmister, Sep 15, 2007.

1. billmister macrumors 6502

Hey everyone! I've been reading on the forum for over 5 months now and finally decided to join.

I used to own a PC. I went to school for computer tech support, and used to like fixing computers, installing softwares, and updating anything on the Windows platform.

One day i got a pretty big bonus at work so i had heard so many things about the mac i decided, why not? At the time i had never touched a mac. All i knew was that it wasn't windows and looks cool but not that many things were compatible with it.

Anyway without knowing anything about the mac, i purchased a 17 inch imac. 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. With tiger version 10.4.10 on it.

So i get home and i notice that all i had to do was take the screen out of the box, plug in the mouse and keyboard and that was it.... ???? THAT"S IT????
    Then i took me thru some easy questions and before you know it i was already on my desktop. No uninstalling of 3rd party softwares, drivers, etc..

That was it?.. I was amazed. Anyway i started playing with it, and didn't find where i can creat shortcuts, and ... well to make it short, it wasn't windows and i had a hard time adapting and making it like windows. Renaming music to "my music" etc... I was a little upset and didn't know anything about the mac. My girfriend told me to just take time i will love it.

anyway i played with the games and plaid a little, and after 1 full day... I LOVED THE MAC. It's different in it's own special way. I love my mac and will never look back into all the freezing and drivers uninstalling added programs, etc...

Although i still am adapting very well to the Os, MacRumors has helped a lot in answering them by me using the search function. Thanks

Clark

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

3. MAW macrumors regular

congrats!!

glad to hear your switch has been pleasant.

the imacs are really great machines for the price, IMO, and can't wait to get mine!!:)

4. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

Welcome! I we all love to see new members of the community, especially switchers.