New Guy.....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Krlosx, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Krlosx macrumors newbie

Hi everyone here is another windows and android geek switching to mac world :D
    I was like a windows and android fan but now i realized that i was wasting my time... ok here a question i'm about to buy a Macbook pro a1286 cheap for $400.00 so i think is a good deal that computer is a mint conditions but i would like to know if i can and where i can buy some memory and a new HD for it and i don't have any disc with it so i would like to do a reformat ,what should i do?.. thanks for advance.....:)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. happle macrumors 6502a

for a HDD i suggest Hitachi Travelstar 7k750 or 7k500

for an SSD i suggest samsung and owc

for ram i suggest crucial

check amazon.com for cheap prices.

4. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

If you can get a deal like that, jump on it while you still can.

As for the discs, stopping by the Apple store, and the Genius will actually install the OS for you free of charge. I believe this should still work with Lion, so then head over to the Mac App Store and download the thing.

There is also a way you can make a Lion Recovery Flash Drive off of Apple's website (the key thing would be to use a friend's Mac which has a recovery partition installed, so he/she can make you the flash drive).

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1433

You need to have already purchased Lion from the Mac App Store, as it will ask you to type that all in when installing Lion.

5. Krlosx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you Guys.... The laptop have the OS is not lion but... what i want to do is reformat it that way i have a fresh OS to update to the latest mac OS