New Hard Drive Help !

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SkyyGuyy, Aug 24, 2012.

1. SkyyGuyy macrumors newbie

2. simsaladimbamba

It seems, your Mac, or the OS X installed onto that "new HDD", is looking for wireless pointing devices, like the Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad.
    Can you use the built-in trackpad to navigate Mac OS X?
    If so, can you disable or unpair those devices via System Preferences > Bluetooth?
    I guess you also don't have a Mac OS X 10.7 Lion installer? If you would have one, you could perform a clean install and get rid of that **** (and other **** the seller put on there).
    Perform a Clean Install of OS X Lion on Your Mac

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

4. SkyyGuyy thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply! I can't use the trackpad or keyboard, and no i don't have the lion installer. can you download it online ?

5. simsaladimbamba

Not anymore. I don't know, if Internet Recovery works with "such an old" Mac, maybe have a look for that. Otherwise you could go into an Apple Store and ask if they have Lion still hidden somewhere. Or you torrent it.

What about asking the seller of that HDD, why s/he installed a Mac OS X version, that does not allow you to use your built in pointing and input devices? S/he clearly ****ed some things up.

6. SkyyGuyy thread starter macrumors newbie

i downloaded the installer for lion, is there any way to make a bootable cd from a windows comp?