New hard drive..is loose??

kinkster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
On my 13 inch MBP, I just installed a new WD scorpio blue hard drive. I'm pretty sure I did everything right, but it wiggles around. What's wrong?

MrCheeto

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2008
Did you move the 4 screws from the original hard drive onto the new one?

Comment

kinkster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
4 screws from the original? I only removed 2 to remove the original HD, the two black ones over the plastic "arm" that goes over the edge of the HD.

Comment

apple2c

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2009
I've got the exact same problem. Not sure what to do about it. What's the latest K?

Comment

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
I've got the exact same problem. Not sure what to do about it. What's the latest K?
Take a look at the hard drive, which you removed. It should have 2 torx 6 screws screwed into either side (for a total of 4) of the hard drive. These 4 screws need to be removed and replaced on to the new hard drive prior to remounting.

Comment

Wotan31

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
Take a look at the hard drive, which you removed. It should have 2 torx 6 screws screwed into either side (for a total of 4) of the hard drive. These 4 screws need to be removed and replaced on to the new hard drive prior to remounting.
x2, there are *four* torx screws that need to be transferred from the old drive to the new.

Comment

apple2c

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2009
thanks cheeto, erat, wotan et al.

worked.

somehow I missed that step...

I really appreciate it.

Comment