New HDD for MBP 13": Better Performance and more space

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lucagfc, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Lucagfc macrumors 6502

Hi

I want to replace my 160 Gb 5400 rpm MBP HDD with a new disk with more space and better performance.

For my needs and to not need to change it again soon I wan' t to choose 1 Tb disk but to have good performance i need a 7200 rpm drive.....for now in the market there isn't a 7200 rpm drive with 1Tb of space.

So can anyone suggest me a good drive with the as much space as possible with good performance (7200 rpm)?

Thanks a lot!!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I just put a Seagate Hybrid 500GB Drive in, and I bought it from Tigerdirect they seem to have the cheapest prices around, $123 shipped, however I paid the diff for second day air and it was $129

The Drive has some good specs and it is fast but way cheaper then getting a large SSD, I have a 128 SSD but I am going to get another MBP low end model for my wife and put that in there since she does web browsing and farmville only, she can benefit from the SSD, as for me, too much data needed 500GB.

Here is the Link, watch the second video it will give you some idea of how fast it is.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6280178&CatId=5300

4. Lucagfc thread starter macrumors 6502

I've bad experience with 3,5 Seagate drive: really high noise leve, vibration and some other problem.

This 2,5 momentus drive are really good with no noise and vibration problem? thanks!

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

They are quite popular and I'm not aware of any issues with them.

6. Lucagfc thread starter macrumors 6502

Think about it, probably I will take a momentus XT: only 250 Gb less but really higher performance with similar price!