New HDD in MBP, want same old iTunes settings for new iPhone. Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by S-Man, Nov 20, 2013.

1. S-Man macrumors regular

S-Man

So I recently installed a new SSD in my Macbook Pro, did a clean install and started from scratch to keep everything snappy. Installed iTunes, tried syncing my new 5s to it and it wants to erase all the data on the phone and start over. I've synced my phone with my old HDD and iTunes settings, which included all my contacts, photos, email accounts etc.
    Is there a way to carry over my old iTunes settings and library to my new Hard Drive? Please help!
    Thanks!

2. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

Move a copy of the entire iTunes folder onto your new disk, replacing the one in your new Music folder. The iTunes Library will appear to your phone as the old one, so you won't lose anything. I've done this over several computer and phone upgrades dating back to the original iPhone with no issues.

----------

Also, this goes for your photos as well if they're stored in an iPhoto library. You pretty much want to copy over the entire folder, replacing the new empty ones on your new drive.

3. S-Man thread starter macrumors regular

S-Man

4. S-Man thread starter macrumors regular

S-Man

Just an update, I didn't even move the entire library just a few of the files in the folder and it worked! Thanks a ton!