New headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by perry245, Sep 12, 2008.

1. perry245 macrumors member

hi i heard that apple are going to be releasing some new headphones with the ability to be able to change the song and higher the volume without taking the ipod or iphone out of your pocket. does any one know when this are going to be coming out.

2. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

3. i0Nic macrumors 65816

4. perry245 thread starter macrumors member

5. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

They come out next month.....

But as of 9/12/08 Apple says they are only compatible with the current iPod lineup... [iPod Classic 7G, Nano 4G and Touch 2G]

6. perry245 thread starter macrumors member

7. perry245 thread starter macrumors member

8. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Go to the link and read the compatibility information.
    Failing that use the search function and have a read through the threads on this subject...

9. rbarcelo9 macrumors newbie

Why

Why wont these work with the iPhone how can they do this to the iPhone users who have suffered long enough with laggy texting crappy battery life and useless headsets the original phone came with. Im sure 75% of iPhone users would buy these headsets if they were compatible. Will apple realize their mistake or will they continue to market these as iGay headphones only?

10. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

I really want some better iphone headphones and surely these headphones will be able to control the play/pause button and the mic will work, i dont really care about the volume bit......

what u rekon?

11. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Its really about Hardware......
    If Apple has included a 4 pin 3.5mm jack in the iPhone.... i should be fine! If not then no volume controls!

P.S.: But its really stupid of Apple to release the iPhone 3G just a month ago and not include all the new hardware........ Wonder if SJ was ill at the time of iPhone 3G development!

12. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Yes, the in-ear ones look good too...
    I would gladly give Apple $70 for them.

Oh wait, they're not compatable with iPhone. :/

13. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

I think we should reserve the decision until Apple actually releases them and someone tests them with their iPhone or probably an update is headed the iPhone way since the hardware on both the iPhone and the new headphones is the same (4 bands) only iPhone cant understand the new volume control codes which can easily be sorted by a software update!

If this doesnt happen.... I'll be perfectly happy with a quality headphone and mic, play/pause, skip/previous, ans/decline!

14. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

*Compatibility Information

The remote and mic are supported only by iPod nano (4th generation), iPod classic (120GB), and iPod touch (2nd generation). Audio is supported by all iPod models.

From reading that, I'm not sure how some people are hoping they work with the iPhone, the only thing I can see being supported is the fact that you'd be able to "listen" to audio.. it doesn't appear the mic is going to work for phone calls, unless Apple is able to issue an update to the iphone of some kind..

15. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

All iPods except the current gen have only three bands and the 5G Video and 4G Photo have a four band 3.5mm jack but the fourth band in both the models is locked for video out!

iPhone on the other hand has a 4 band 3.5mm jack which is used for the mic functionality! So everything except the vol controls will work! The volume controls can also work if Apple provides a firmware upgrade to support the new morse code for the volume controls!

16. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Which could have very well happened in 2.1 and they just haven't let us know and no one can tell us since they don't have the earphones.

17. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

What if that actually have? How can you verify that they haven't already? Apple's web pages are well known to be erred!

And that's why I recommend waiting untill it's actually out! In any case I'm happy with just the mic and skip. Besides they can always providecan update later.

P.S.: I realize that you're saying just what I am!