New. Help Replace my MacBook Pro battery...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LimonJoe, Dec 6, 2015.

1. LimonJoe macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a battery replacement for my MacBook Pro and would like some guidance on selecting the correct one. I would like something high quality, obviously, with a high capacity as well. Preferably higher capacity than stock. It doesn't seem to last very long, about 4 hours, but it has 804 cycles on it. Could anyone recommend a good battery that I could pop in there? I've uploaded a couple of screenshots that I hope will provide enough information. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I wouldn't buy a battery from anywhere besides Apple, 3rd party replacements never seem to work out very well.

3. LimonJoe thread starter macrumors newbie

That sounds good. I'd prefer an Apple branded battery. But where do I get one? Is that something that Apple has readily available for me?

4. JackieInCo macrumors 601

You'll likely have to take it to an Apple store to get it replaced.

5. MushroomMan macrumors member

MushroomMan

I would avoid cheap flebay batteries (I learn't that one the hard way).

I needed up getting an OWC battery for my '11 MBP which had a slightly higher capacity than stock. While it was a tad more expensive ~AU$170 from memory, I couldn't be happier.

If you have a pre-retina unibody you just need the tri-lobe screwdriver (comes with OWC batts.). Very easy and takes about 10 mins.

Of course if you still have apple care on a newer model things are much easier!