New here looking for help with iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by isaaca2, Mar 20, 2012.

1. isaaca2 macrumors newbie

I have an iPad 2 that is completely locked up. I was on an airport wifi and got a software upgrade alert. I started the down load and it locked up solid. I have tried the power and home button reboot with no result. It doesn't even appear to be charging the battery. I was able to get an icon that said to plug it into iTunes after two days of messing with it but, I was in the car and unable to do it. I cannot get that back now. The only thing that appears on the screen is the apple icon in the center of the screen and it stays there all of the time. I have no idea what to do other than go to the apple store which I don't really want to do. Wow, as I was typing this, it is plugged into the charger and the screen just turned completely bright blue. Tried another re boot but, back to the apple in the center of the screen.
    Any ideas ? Thanks.

2. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Do a google search for a free app called tiny umbrella, when it's running and your iPad hooked up to your computer use the function exit recovery.
    That should get you out of it and back on the way to fix it.

3. astral125 macrumors 6502

Take it in to an apple store. I saw them fix one that was just like that at the genius bar.