New here, with a few questions :)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rsarno, Nov 25, 2008.

1. rsarno macrumors member

Hello all! I am a new iPhone owner, as well as a Storm. Couldnt make up my mind, so im rockin both right now lol (yes waste of money)

As for the iphone, i had a few questions. I hope im in the right section, as i think they are general

2. ivan123 macrumors member

ivan123

3. Ish macrumors 68010

Ish

^Some people :rolleyes: :rolleyes: around here never started out at newbies!^ :)

I haven't actually got my iphone yet so sorry I can't help with most things but I wondered about putting contacts into groups as well. It's something I use a lot so I needed to check it out. This is an extract from David Pogue's book iPhone UK - The Missing Manual:

"Many computer address book programs, including Mac OS X's Address Book, let you place your contacts into groups . . . You can't create or delete groups on the iPhone, but at least the groups from your Mac or PC get synced over to the iPhone. To see them, tap 'Groups' at the top of the Contacts list.

"If you do use the Groups feature, remember to tap the group name you want (or tap All Contacts) before you create a new contact. That's how you put someone into an existing group."​

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

iPhone>Storm

Can't put your contacts into groups...yet!

I think you can access the real video by going into safari and typing m.youtube.com (I think it was, not sure)

can't zoom the camera unless you jailbreak

location services lets the maps app see where you are, but if one of your apps needs to see where you are it'll ask you to turn Location Services on. or accept.

5. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

7. Ish macrumors 68010

Ish

Notice how the OP made that one post and has never come back? Even if the questions have been asked before can't we cut first-posters a little slack??

It wasn't supposed to be a poem. :eek: