New high end MBP 13 inch crashing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by abstern, Jun 15, 2012.

1. abstern macrumors member

Hey everyone! This is my first post here, I love reading the comments on the various articles MacRumors posts!

My question has to do with my new MBP 13 inch I bought on wednesday. I bought it as my old 2009 15 inch MBP had been having a lot of issues with its battery and display and the warranty was up, so I felt it was time to trade in and move up. I installed everything that was on the 15 inch with a time machine backup and have not been having any of the previous issues that I was having on the 15 inch, such as screen flicker, the battery not holding a charge, and the computer dying at 30% battery. I have, however, encountered a new issue, which is that three times today, the computer has randomly crashed. The computer freezes up, and a message shows up saying I need to manually restart the computer. All the software updates and up to date, and I have not had these problems on the 2009 15 inch despite it being a carbon copy of what is on this hard drive. Thanks ahead of time!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. abstern thread starter macrumors member

No, it was running Lion 10.7.3. I ran an update after I had installed my old system off of time machine which updated it to 10.7.4.

----------

I did read some reports from other macrumors users stating that their computers have been crashing upon using chrome and playing flash videos, which is the same scenario I encountered.